Go with the Flow - Join RappFLOW!
You can make a difference to help preserve, protect, conserve and restore
our water resources and watersheds in Rappahannock County.
RappFLOW needs volunteers!
RappFLOW volunteers are provided with training and materials needed for their jobs.
Volunteers are needed to:
- help plan events and activities
- evaluate vegetation along streams and ponds
- prepare stream buffer sites for planting
- plant trees, shrubs and grasses
- analyze data
- collect water quality data in the field
- count and classify macroinvertebrates in streams
- research topics related to water quality and watershed protection
- write articles for the local newspaper, RappFLOW web site, and/or RappFLOW Currents
- take digital photographs at events
- coordinate with other volunteers
- attend meetings with county officials or other stakeholder groups
- search for data on the www
- organize information to put on our web site
- AND MORE!
Volunteer Job Descriptions
More info? Want to volunteer?
Email Chris Russell
TAKE A LEADERSHIP ROLE!
Team Leader volunteers train and mentor
community volunteers. They provide leadership, training, support and
supervision to volunteers for specific projects and help educate the
community about watershed concerns. RappFLOW leadership opportunities
- Team Leader of Field Studies
- Team Leader of Program Management
- Team Leader of Education & Professional Development
- Team Leader of Research
For more information:
Thanks for GOING WITH THE FLOW!